[Neo-users] Is NEO the future?

Chao Meng bobomeng at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 15:25:49 CEST 2013

Hi NEO developers,

First of all I would like to thank you for all your effort on making NEO in
production! From the pdf doc I can find on NEOPPOD website, the design
looks suitable for my needs.

I am basically a huge fan of python and ZODB, beginner though. Currently I
am using ZEO for database part of my website, but facing server side
replication issue when having more than one server for the website. And
then NEO comes to me after some search online. It seems to me the right
solution over RelStorage. However, I couldn't find any use cases or active
user/developer population. I am a bit worried about the NEO community.

I think these questions have been asked once in 2011 but I would like to
ask again two years later:

Do you know any use cases with NEO 1.0?

How big is the user population and dev population?

Any plan to do some marketing on NEO/ZODB? MangoDB and CouchDB are very
popular these days, but to me ZODB is THE pure oodb.

Again, thanks for the hard work on NEO!

Regards,
Chao